Graduate/undergraduate research assistant positions are available. Applicants are expected to have a background in Industrial Engineering or closely related area of discipline with an interest to work with ASOS research group.
If you are interested in working with ASOS research group and/or pursuing graduate study in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Operations Management at University of New Haven and any of the below topics and methods are of your interest.
We are always open to work with energetic, self-disciplined, productive, and hardworking friends, who can quickly learn, adapt, produce, and move forward with us in various research and industry projects! Paid positions are very competitive.
Feel free to contact us regarding your interest to join our research group.
List of Research Topics:
- Applied Optimization
- Carbon and ecological footprint analyses
- Data Analytics
- Dynamic modeling of complex systems (manufacturing, infrastructure, social systems)
- Environmental life cycle assessment
- Energy efficiency and eco-efficiency analyses
- Global Footprint Analysis and Sustainability Performance Benchmarking
- Life cycle cost analysis and optimization
- Manufacturing System Design and Control
- Manufacturing/service Systems’ Simulation
- Metaheuristic Optimization
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Transportation Safety & Sustainability
List of Research Methods:
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Input Output Modeling
- Stochastic & Deterministic Optimization
- Metaheuristic Optimization (Genetic Algorithms, Tabu Search)
- Data Mining, Statistical Modeling and Analysis
- Data Envelopment Analysis
- System Dynamics
- Agent-based modeling
- Artificial Neural Networks & Nonparametric Statistical Modeling
- Fuzzy Set Theory
- Discrete Event simulation Modeling & Monte Carlo Methods
Preference will be given to applicants who have already passed TOEFL and GRE exams or will be taking ASAP.
Apply for grad study via this link
For the admission requirements, please visit this link
Please, contact the faculty advisers, Dr. Egilmez or Dr. Gedik for any question or inquiry. Thanks!